Becoming a buy-to-let landlord can be a time-consuming and demanding investment. Recently we have helped several accidental landlords manage their rental property.
Over the last 20 years the UK has seen a significant shift from individuals using an established agent to manage their properties to D.I.Y landlords. However, in the same period we have seen a significant rise in regulations and legislation, with over 180 laws governing this area, not to mention the recent addition of a private rented licensing scheme introduced this September by Enfield Council.
Using a professional letting agent enables landlords to take a step back and allow someone else to manage everything. Our service will give you peace of mind knowing that your property and tenants are looked after by an experienced and professional team.
- Why you should consider letting with a management agent:
- We will qualify tenants, even before they are shown your property, ensuring the highest quality applicants are successful
- We will ensure that all regulations and safety checks are met
- Our team is on continuous training, keeping up-to-date with ever changing legislation
- We will ensure that tenants are reference checked and eligible to rent in the UK
- We will create inventories, conduct check-in and check-out inspections as well as regular inspections throughout the tenancy
- We will use a Government approved deposit scheme
- We are responsible for rent collection
- We have a range of trusted contractors to help with any cleaning, maintenance and emergency work that may need to be carried out at short notice
- We will support your tenants 365 days a year taking the stress out of dealing with issues at unsocial and inconvenient times
- We will manage the transfer of utilities
- Statistically, tenants tend to stay longer in professionally managed properties therefore reducing the risk of voids
Our management fee starts from 10%+vat (12% incl vat) and gives landlords access to our experience, contacts and legal advice (where required).
We do offer a let only service, however this is geared towards professional landlords that are proficient in what is required to run a successful tenancy.
Rental prices are rising in our area. To find out more about our services and to see if you are getting the correct price for your property, speak to a member of our team.