Mon 09 Jun 2014
After a three year journey, the Palmers Greenery is finally open Wednesdays and Weekends (10am- 4.30pm) and we are very excited about the benefit a Community Cafe can bring to Broomfield Park. Here is a little bit more information about the project:
We want to be the model of future Enfield park cafés; a successful community partnership that enriches our beautiful park.
We aim to transform this forgotten building into a hub where good things happen - and are eaten!
We are passionate about the things that really make the Palmers Greenery unique - the stuff that's better for your body, wallet and soul:
- Our menu is based on our thinking that a park cafe doesn't have to serve fast or junk food. We like cake and crisps but we also like salad and fruit - so we want to offer good quality, often locally-sourced, seasonal and home-made food
- It is very important to us that we balance the quality of our food with a fair price. As a social enterprise, our profit is directly reinvested back into Broomfield Park
- We are powered by volunteers and cannot open without time, skills and energy contributed for free, so please be respectful
- If you want us to open more days - then let us know and let us know if you can help make that happen
- We care about our park and the wider environment. That's why we use local suppliers and food sources as far as possible. We also feel very strongly about litter and waste so will compost food waste, take-out cups and napkins (which are all bio-degradable)
We are ambitious for this project - it has the potential to be so much more than a park cafe. We want to bring old and young together, reach out to vulnerable groups and provide a platform for local people to gain valuable skills and work experience.
" I found the perfect flat for me on Anthony Webbâ€™s website, there staff were friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about the local area. Anthony Webb made it a less daunting process for a first time buyer like me. Thank you for the flowers!"