Why do people want to live in Palmers Green?
Palmers Green is particularly popular with families and young professionals attracted by our lovely Edwardian homes, mixed with new developments, excellent transport links, and being surrounded by beautiful parks and great schools. It’s key to know the best way to appeal to your potential buyer when you put your house on the market.
Choose a local Palmers Green Estate Agent. Their local knowledge and expertise will ensure that your property is marketed correctly to thousands of people across the major property websites in the UK.
How to make your home more valuable and sell faster. I have created a Top Tips list to help you get ahead of the competition in 2016.
1. Curb Appeal is at the top of my list; get rid of rubbish and tidy away any children’s toys, garden tools or clutter, clear weeds from paths and borders, prune plants if needed and add new plants to brighten your entrance up.
2. Don’t let dodgy DIY or defects in your property let you down; whilst you may no longer notice them you can be sure that any potential buyers will spot them. When preparing to sell, take a candid look at your property and if things need fixing or freshening up, get them done: it could help you get the best price. If you need help contact our property maintenance manager Mick Lawton
3. If you live in a flat where you share some communal parts with other residents, try to keep on top of cleaning and clearing junk mail, even if it is not your responsibility. It’s important to make the best possible first impression.
4. Declutter; there’s nothing less appealing than rooms with too much furniture or too much stuff. Be ruthless clear out the junk and put unnecessary furniture in storage or recycle it.
5. If your property is unfurnished, it is worth dressing it for viewings so that potential buyers can see what the rooms can take – it can be tricky, for example, to imagine a double bed in a smaller room if it’s empty.
6. If you’re lucky enough to have a driveway or allocated parking space, keep it vacant for viewings so prospective buyers can appreciate its value.
7. Palmers Green is very popular with families thanks to the great selection open spaces and fantastic schools in the area. If you have children, don’t shy away from letting this show as it often helps if viewers can imagine a property as a family home. Displaying some children’s artwork and a few, well placed, toys can help engage potential buyers.
8. We try to arrange viewings when the roads are less congested – between 9.30am and 3pm or after 6pm, to avoid commuter traffic and school drop-off and pick-up times.
For more information or if you would like to know how much your home is worth please give me a call. I am happy to offer you advice and help talk through your options. Call me on 020 8882 7888.